Are you still having problems coming up with a nursing business ideas? I recently wrote a post on Nurse Entrepreneur ideas – Getting Started, if you haven’t read that post yet click back and read through, then come back to get some ideas on what you could do as a nurse in business.
Here’s a short list of different areas you could consider.
And this is by no means the end, there’s plenty more ideas I’m sure you can come up with as well.
- Geriatric care management
- Case management – risk management, quality Improvement, Utilization review, Outcomes management
- Nursing career consultant – resume writing, nursing interviews strategies, nurse recruiter
- Legal nurse consultant
- Home care
- Software consultant – You do not need to know how to develop the software, most software companies are looking for your nursing knowledge. Hot trend here!
- Holistic wellness
- Diet /Nutrition
- Weight loss
- Smoking cessation
- Cardiac Rehab
- Fitness- personal, employee wellness, senior fitness, yoga, meditation
- Stress management
- Nursing Career Coach
Independent Nurse Contractor
Your own staffing or home care agency
- CPR, AED
- First aid/Safety
- Nursing Assistants
Adult Day care center
- Online writing for healthcare marketers and healthcare websites
- CEU – Continuing Education Units or Credits
- Web site copy for the healthcare industry or a nursing business
- EBooks on your nursing specialty or expertise, also paperbacks/novels or textbooks
- Nursing journals/Nursing websites like nursetogether.com where I’ve written a few articles.
- Ghostwriter for medical profession or other nurses.
- Freelance writer – writing for any publication out there that is looking for healthcare writers.
Inventor – have an idea or a better way to do something, here’s your chance to let your creative juices flow.
Public Speaker – speaking is hot now and you can cover many topics here from career alternatives to stress management or motivation, etc. Long list of topics here.
Need more ideas, pick up the book Self-Employed RN: How to become a self-employed RN and/or business owner by Pat Bemis, President of the National Nurses in Business Association (NNBA)
It has just been updated and youu‘ll find a chapter on nursing specialties that could be turned into nursing businesses. I have an older copy but I still use it for reference.
A great resource for getting your nursing business ideas started.